Thursday, February 23, 2017

Surprise cake!!!!



Hiya guys

Well it feels like its been a while....again lol... I do have a good reason I promise and yet again its the garden! We have finallllllllly got the wood chip down jeez it was a long job but it looks super cute and we managed to get it done before the crazy heat came back-SCORE!

So today I would like to enter my card into the following challenges-

In the Pink - Dies or punches
Midweek Magnolias- Anything goes with a Magnolia image
lovely hAnglar or Sweet Magnolias- Anything goes
Alphabet Challenge- 'Y' is for you choose
Deep Ocean Challenge blog- Add lace


This card is for a special bday...its my mother in laws 70th but dont tell her I told you! I wanted to try something a bit different so when I saw the My Favourite Things interactive cake die I fell in love. The die gives you all the pieces of the cake to make it interactive so all you have to choose is what you want to pop up from the top!

I used Elephant Show Tilda from the 'little Moscow circus' collection from a few year back...she is the perfect little lady to pop out from the top of the cake with her arms in the air its like she is shouting 'SURPRISE'. I coloured Tilda with Distress Inks. On her feathers I used Stickles Frosted Lace.

The papers are from Maja Design and I have been hanging on to these for a long time lol as I love them! But it is for a special bday!

I used one of my fave new toys...my corner rounder punch...on the edges of all the layers of the card body. The lace is from the gorgeous Noor! Design UK as is the pin that I used. The flowers are from Wild Orchid Crafts and the fan charm was in my stash. I popped some rhinestone brads on the corners to add a bit more bling.

On the cake itself I used some Perfect Pearls to add dots of icing. The 70 is die cut in gold glitter paper and from a Tim Holtz die.

Inside I used a sentiment stamp from Lili of the valley stamps.

Hope you have a fab weekend ahead.


Glitter Words




















[Glitterfy.com - *Glitter Words*]

4 comments:

  1. a gorgeous card idea!

    thank you so much for playing along with us at alphabet challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi wow what a fantastic idea just love her with the cake thank you for inspiring us at The Midweek Magnolias Challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a fabulous card I love that cake die & Tilda looks super popping out the top. Awesome card.

    Thanks for joining us over at LHOSM, good luck hun & hope you will join us again.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! This image is really perfect together with the giant pie! Thanks so much for joining us at In the pink.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by my blog ! Really appreciate it! Any questions feel free to email me at - outbacklasswholovestoscrap12@gmail.com

Love D xx